Former NFL star Antonio Brown was arrested in Dubai and extradited to the United States on charges of attempted murder, according to police.
Brown, 37, was taken into custody by U.S. Marshals in Essex County, New Jersey, on Thursday and is being held pending extradition to Miami. According to a Miami police spokesperson, he had been wanted there since June, following a shooting at a celebrity boxing event in May.

Subscribe Today
It’s unclear when Brown was arrested in Dubai or how long he had been living there. The Associated Press reported that Brown had shared several social media posts from the UAE city over the past few months.
The Miami Police Department’s Criminal Gun Intelligence Unit and Felony Prevention Team, in collaboration with the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office and the U.S. Marshals Service, obtained an arrest warrant against Brown on charges of attempted second-degree murder, the spokesperson said via email on Thursday. The former All-Pro wide receiver, who had several encounters with law enforcement following the tumultuous end to his football career, was finally found in Dubai.
According to an arrest warrant, the case stemmed from a report of gunfire that led Miami police to the city’s Little Haiti neighborhood shortly before midnight on May 16. An off-duty officer assigned to security at a boxing event told police that after hearing what sounded like gunfire, he went to investigate outside the venue and saw Brown scuffling with another man.
According to the warrant, other people in the venue’s parking lot told police that Brown was the shooter. Police found no weapons on him and detained him and released him that evening. Officers reportedly found two spent cartridges and an empty holster at the scene.
Later that evening, Brown reportedly said on social media that some people had tried to steal jewelry from him and “attacked” him. According to the warrant, police later obtained video footage showing Brown taking a gun from a security officer and moving toward another person involved in the altercation. A cellphone camera reportedly captured two gunshots. The man reportedly went to the hospital for treatment and identified Brown in the surveillance footage.
“This is another example of the tireless work and dedication of Miami Police detectives, who are working with the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office and U.S. Marshals to identify and apprehend those committing crimes in the city of Miami,” a spokesperson said in a statement Thursday.
Brown was a seven-time Pro Bowl selection and four-time First-Team All-Pro during his 12-year career, which ended after the 2021 season. But his talent on the field began to be overshadowed by incidents off the field. From 2018 to 2022, he was involved in the following:
antonio brown
antonio brown net worth
miami